Sunday, December 14, 2008

The New What

I started a blog for Liam so he'd have a website that keeps all his favorite things in one place. It's called Fungus Everything. He named it himself. Don't worry, I won't write it in his voice, unless he dictates it to me, in which case I will note that. I think its annoying when people write blogs in their children's and pets' voices. More annoying than wierd, given how common it is.

This blog is really for him, so at some point, I might make it a members' only website. But on a trial basis, feel free to check it out.

One piece of technical advice that I need: Blogger does not let you publish .pdf files. Typepad does, but I am cheap like that and don't want to pay to have an account. So how can I post Liam's drawings without converting them to a .pdf? Can I scan his drawings as .jpgs? If so, how do I do that? Thanks for any assistance you can give me on this one.

2 comments:

Lorin said...

Are they drawings on the computer? Why are they pdf's? If you have access to a Mac, or Photoshop, you can convert a pdf to a jpg.

Do you have a scanner? If so, yes, then you can easily scan them as jpgs. Shoot me an email and I can walk you through it, if you'd like.

Lorin said...

On a totally unrealted note, I thought you'd like this:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/jacketcopy/2008/12/laura-albert-re.html

$2 million? I totally need to come up with a literary scam.