Thursday, December 11, 2008

To My O Town Homies

In my efforts to develop more fully as a procrastinator, I have stumbled upon some decent or interesting blogs about Oakland that I thought I would share with those of you who care.

The newest one I found is Oakland Geology. I know, total nerdfest. But the geology of Oakland is a facet of our lives whether we choose to think about it or not. The Hayward Fault lies just a few blocks east of my house, and it runs under both a park we like and the Oakland Zoo.

And then there's Oakland Streets, which is sort of Oakland in photo essays. Pretty thoughtful. Living in the O is what it sounds like: thoughts on living in Oakland. A Better Oakland and Future Oakland are both political blogs, although ABO is better, as the author is a serious policy wonk who actually watches all the crazy city council meetings.

It's pretty hard to get actual news about Oakland. The Oakland Tribune is crummy, as is The Montclarion. Chip Johnson's column in the SF Chronicle is always worth a read, because he cannot stand Dellums as mayor. o

There's actually dozens more, but those are the ones I read. I dunno. I thought you might like to know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite member of O-Town was Ashley Parker Angel.

Lorin said...

mostly architecture,but you might find this interesting:

http://oaklandspaceacademy.blogspot.com/