Here's how bad it is.* I am sufficiently en-fanned to have (a) gotten B the MLB Extra Innings package on cable and didn't even link it to any sort of gift-giving event** and (b) I understand 89% of the jokes in this video.
* Or good it is, for my husband.
** It might get the retro-active birthday treatment if I don't think of anything else to get him.
3 comments:
As someone who went to highschool with you in northern NJ, this does not compute. Are you originally from New England?
I'm a fan by marriage, without any prior allegiances. It was facilitated by Moneyball and a promise to follow one team (and only one) in exchange for some basic sports peace and quiet the rest of the year. The baseball package is bearable this year because of Tom Brady's injury. My sports threshold has not been met this year.
I won't comment on your choice of teams. Marriage makes us do a lot of funny things. But if you want to feel good about it - in an East Bay way - consider this: "Antiquated Fenway Park in Boston is arguably one of the most eco-friendly stadiums in the nation, because of the fact that parking is so scarce and most fans must take public transportation." I guess this is true for Wrigley Field, too, the home of another team whose well-off fans love to wail about how hard they have it. See: http://www.slate.com/id/2175478/
Post a Comment