Monday, April 13, 2009

A Little Background on the Sculpture

I've gotten a couple of emails about the anatomical correctness of "How Humans Live" and I wanted to give y'all a little context for the work. L noticed this sculpture at the SFMOMA a few weeks ago and he and his dad went back to check it out this weekend. After seeing it a second time, he wanted to make it himself. Thus, our sculpture. It was up on the kids' bedroom wall, but not surprisingly, little brother declared it to be a "scary ghost" and I had to take it down. L wants to send it to the art museum, but (a) the penis won't stay one and (b) I don't know who to direct it to at the Museum. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anatomical correctness is not a responsibility of an artist.
Donations are often addressed to a curator but Liam might want to install it, where it seems most at home, himself.

M said...

I would encourage the artistic talent L is showing. This piece is far better than some I have seen at SFMOMA.