Sunday, December 08, 2013

From the Drafts Folder: "Totally Not Your Fault, Steve" May 29, 2008

Sorry to step back into the Skill Crane mystery, but I think I was probably engaging in a common practice of mine at the time (when I burst into tears about the Skill Crane and the not-dead high school boy), which was pretextual crying. Pretty much no one wanted to listen to me cry about my actual problem (a not-very-good boyfriend*) so I think I might have sometimes cried for other alleged reasons, just to get someone to listen to me cry, even if I couldn't divulge the topic. I am only guessing here, since the Skill Crane commenter was one of only two people** in the world who would actually listen to me cry about that person without wanting secretly to have me put away. I married the other person who listened to all that blubbering. For all I know, both RadioBoy and Mr. Scobie both thought I was certifiable at the time, but are decent blokes, and look, they now read my blog. So it all turned out okay for everyone in the end.

*Not good as a boyfriend, that is. He's a decent human being, in his own way. However, several friends once offered me money to "dump the chump", about 3 years before we actually stayed broken up for good.


** More than two people listened to that crap, by the way. But most of my other friends let it be known pretty clearly that I was insane. (Am insane?)

No comments: