I think the reason that I abandoned that blog post back in 2008 is because I could not think of five other things that must be done by the time you are 18. It sounds like a challenge an 18 year old would come up with, not knowing that basically everything is better if you do it after you are 18. The only exception that I can think of, and this is not mandatory:
2. Commit any crimes for which you would not be charged as an adult and hope that your juvenile record is sufficiently sealed.
Okay, three more to go.
3. Have the good fortune to be born into a reasonably well-off family.
This is a must do, so that you can do all the other things you should do before you are 18, like leave your town, your state or the country for non-immigration reasons, ski, visit a nice beach, go to Disneyland/world.
4. Get dumped. In fact, I think it's a good idea to get your heart broken a few times early on so you can get the hang of it.
5. cr7hjkl;
That last one was what my 7 year old typed when I asked him what he wanted to do before he was 18. Actually, he said, "I want to play Minecraft! Get off the computer!" So there you are. Youth is wasted on the young.
No comments:
Post a Comment