* I use "trek" here to mean "try running, but ultimately just walking fast"
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Oakland Grody
For some reason, I decided to trek* around Lake Merritt today. Lake Merritt is a natural estuary that works like a bladder for the San Francisco Bay, meaning that its job is to clean the gross stuff out of the bay and send the water back out into the world cleaner than it entered. No matter how hard Oakland boosters try to defend this "lake", the fact remains that it is gross, a little smelly, and the surrounding area is covered in goose poop and meandering homeless/junkie-type people (not inherently the lake's fault). The grodiness of it today was heightened by the guy who was jogging with a quart of Half and Half in one hand. So, not going back to trek around Lake Merritt again any time soon.
Labels:
Bay Area,
wierd s***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish you would do a stand-up act! Love that bit about the guy jogging with half and half!
Post a Comment