Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Allison

Most of my readers are friends and family who know one another, so a couple of people have asked about the new commenter Allison. By way of introduction, Allison and I went to high school together, at which time she went by Claire. I don't know why, other than there were literally 5 Allisons in our class of just 55 girls. There were also 3 Karas. I think Allison would agree with me when I say I have almost no memory of having any class with Allison/Claire or engaging in any social activity with Allison/Claire.  I should say, Allison/Claire has no knowledge of my memory; she probably would attest to the underlying truth of that statement. So yeah, its a little wierd that Allison's a regular commenter on my blog. Also, we diverge on certain topics which are dear to me, so that makes her an even less likely regular. That said, I really appreciate that Allison comments on my blog at all, along with Anonymous the Neighbor, Anonymous the Cousin, my sister, and my mother in law.  Bloggers LOVE comments. It fuels the enterprise (at least, on blogs that don't take advertising). So if you have even the slightest reaction to something I write, please share it. And then jump over to gringosenica so that Carl and Angie know that the gringos en America are following along with their adventures. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I check this before bed tonight! Thanks. I feel so famous! There have been inquiries about me from your fans?

I hope this post encourages more comments from your readers. I like to comment here, I always try to support my friends. I also like to comment on the Fungus Everything site. I think it's important for L to feel that people are actually reading his blog and it will bolster his self esteem).

We were never social in high school, you're right. Different set of friends. But I like that we've reconnected. And were in Mrs. Chorba's bio together. Sister Peggy's. Sister Mona's and Miss O'Rourke. I have a very freaky memory. I remember everything...

And the reason I love to read and dialogue with you, Andrea is b/c whenever we get onto a political topic that we disagree on I appreciate and consider your opinions. You are very well informed and have respect for opposition. And when I introduce a topic that you disagree on, you don't vilify the way some of my close friends (who are liberals) do.

And everything you post is amusing, interesting and succinct. The succinctness obviously not being a quality that has rubbed off on me.

Anonymous said...

you a lib leftie too? al (claire? never heard anyone call her that) posted this link in her blog. and since i am at her house and on her computer while she tells me to give you a comment i feel compelled. hee hee. she is nice about commenting. she's thoughtful and she likes the poli debates. but she likes the fair fight too. i'm a lib leftie and i disagree with her on lots of things but i know she leans to the left on social issues.

i haven't seen the rest of this blog. al told me to click on your annoy me label and to find the video about prop 8 the musical. good luck with the blog. hope ya get more comments.