Thursday, November 06, 2008

With Nothing Left to Talk About

I've turned to researching my next car. VW Jetta TDI Sportswagen. It's adorable. Clean diesel, too.

Now back to politics. I saw something on Facebook today about a movement to repeal Prop 8 in 2010. Why would we wait that long? Why not put it on one of those obscure election days before the next federal election, and then run an actually decent and effective campaign, where only the people who give a shit come out to vote on it. The No on Prop 8 campaign blew chunks, and whoever was responsible for that should publicly bear some responsibility for fucking up what should have been an easy (relatively) win. Back to the drawing board, toot sweet.

3 comments:

Lorin said...

We put our order in today for our new car -- a Mini Cooper Clubman S. Probably not as practical, but really cute!

Sam Turano said...

yeah, dope car. finally the diesels are coming back to VW! they're going to sell a lot of those. are you really planning to get one? in black?

Andrea said...

Yeah, Sam, I am working on Daddy Warbucks to get this car. I have to give my car back to my law firm when I leave next month, and that leaves us with an almost-clutchless 1997 2-door Honda Civic. Black would be cool, but so is the dark gray (anthracite?)