Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Lot of New Shit Has Come to Light

A friend from high school sent me a distressed email about my assertion that one of two brothers we had known back then had killed himself or died or something (this is in re Skill Crane). I think I was wrong, and so I need to correct the record. I don't think either of those brothers is dead. One seems to teach at the University of Kansas, and I can't really discern what the older one is doing, based on his MySpace page, but he certainly does seem to be alive. Which raises the question, why was I crying about Skill Crane at the Bridgeport Diner with Radioboy back in 1998? It makes no sense AT ALL.

In other news, me and Junior were looking out the front window last night, and this lanky art student dude walked by, and Li says: "Is he a stranger?"
Me: Yes
L: Is he a good stranger or bad stranger?
Me: I don't know but since he's a stranger, we don't talk to him, right? You don't know if a stranger is good or bad so you just don't talk to them, do you understand?
Li: I think he's a BAD stranger. (he said with a growl)
Me: What are the only strangers you can talk to? (the correct answer here is "Helpers", per Mr. Rogers)

Without missing a beat, Li says, "Shia LaBeouf" and then falls out laughing.

Again, it makes no sense at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I apologize for pulling you into this whole Skill Crane mess. My fault. Totally. I wanted to play the "name things Andrea hates" game. It was selfish. I was only thinking of myself.