
Li is really interested in the Dino Attack video game on the Lego website, which has caused me to wonder what effect the stuff he sees has on his behavior and his values. Will be violently stalk the broken streets of an abandoned subdivision, gunning down crazed velociraptors? Who knows what the future brings.
But then I started thinking about the Scooby Doo Factor. Much ado is made about the effect of media on children. But I would wager that no crime has ever been committed that entails a spry but elderly man who pretends to be a ghost, a Yeti, a "carnival creeper", or a "seaside slimer" in order to lay claim to the secret treasure of a sprawling estate or Demon Island.
Make of that what you will.
On the other hand, Scooby Doo did inspire someone to do this here cross-stitch. No, I'm not kidding.
4 comments:
wow, Nick, I had no idea you were so good at cross-stitch. Your godmother would be so proud. =)
You are HILARIOUS.
I grew up watching Scooby-Do and I am still waiting for the opportunity to solve crimes with special guest stars the Mamas and the Papas or Harlem Globtrotters.
I also enjoyed Tom and Jerry, and apparently one day my mom caught me throwing taper candles into a closet, slamming the door shut and making exploding noises. She asked what I was doing and I responded "like the cat do." Because the mouse would be in the closet so that is where I should through thd dynamite.
yeah that last few words should read "throw the dynamite."
Post a Comment