Thursday, August 04, 2005

Proof that Alabama Medicaid Did Not Know Who It Was Messing With.

As you know, I have previously touted the wondrous deeds of J. Lav. We all knew it was just a matter of time before Jen brought Alabama's f***ed up Medicaid system to its knees. It turns out that Jen has a secret Superfriend in her battles: CHER. I once saw Mike Dukakis on the street in Boston, but we didn't even make eye contact (at 14, I was already taller than he was).* No celebrity has ever come to my assistance, although now I guess I can claim Jenny Lav as my celebrity helper, since she babysat a few times and even brought a delicious chicken over when the Doodle was born.

Anyway, Cher is a big deal, and I hope that, with Cher's help, Alabama Medicaid comes begging Jen for help in clearing up what is no doubt an awful backlog of denied benefit appeals they've been meaning to grant.

* I do have more recent celebrity sightings than this. For example, my cousin saw Viggo Mortenson at an anti-war rally, holding a poster of Earth or something. Also, Rowan Atkinson took a piece of cauliflower off Brook's plate at the River Cafe in London (not exactly true) and Val Kilmer has 2 daughters, one of whom is a tomboy that looks like Oliver from the Brady Bunch after it jumped the shark. But my friend Virginia sort of passively engineered those sightings, so I feel like maybe she's my celebrity helper, in the sense that she has helped me to see celebrities.