I thought about creating a blog that was devoted to classic rock. I'd use the voice classic rock fans use when they write reviews on Amazon. You know, stuff like: "IMHO Starz is a criminally under-appreciatedband. They are the missing link between Aerosmith and Triumph. You can't understand anything about this portion of the continuum of mid- to late-seventies rockdom without understanding Starz. Richie Ranno's leads were f-ing awesome! THEY ROCKED! YAW!" And the blog could have a feature devoted to the rock-n-roll deaths of hair-metal rockers ("Scott Smith of Loverboy was swept off the deck of a yacht by a wave. Dude,that is SO FREAKIN' COOL!") and maintain body-counts from fires and tramplings at hair-metal shows at shit-hole clubs in places like Columbus and Harrisburg ("So I'm sure you all heard that 10 folks were stomped to death at an April Wine show in Sioux City last week. What you might not know is that the band was playing Rock & Roll Is a Vicious Game when it happened. It's a tragedy and all that, but isn't it f-ing poetry that they were playing that song when folks were getting trampled? IMHO it just shows how freakin' TRUE that song is! ROCK ON AND RIP!")
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Can I Get a Hell Yeah?
In some sense, it's rude to make your friends the focus of a blog entry, and in some other, but related, sense, they have to expect it. Right? So Radio Boy proposes to do a blog along the following lines, and I want you, my other friends, to vote it into existence by saying, Yes, Radio Boy, Yes! Or maybe I should say, "Can I get a hell yeah? hell yeah hell yeah"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment