Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My second least favorite political party of the day

I am so glad that Libertarians are keeping themselves busy trying to get eminent domain over the Supreme Court Justices' homes while the Prez fiddles and the Constitution burns.

Which reminds me. When I was a kid, my dad ran for Congress on the Libertarian party ticket in Indiana. I have two memories about his candidacy. (1) The head of the state party had one room in his house that was a monkey cage and had a scary monkey; and (2) as part of his campaign, my dad ran in a local bed race but one of the wheels came off before he finished.

You can see why I still cannot stand the Libertarians.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tend to think of Libertarians as Republicans who pretend that they stand for something more noble than their own self interest. And who are a little less obsessed with complete stranger's crotches, except when they want to get laid (Abortion, Birth Control, Homosexuality, Pornography). Oh, and they usually want to be able to get high, too.