Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Who Else is Still Blogging?

I got to wondering, if Jenny is back on the blogging wagon, who else might still be out there, sharing their thoughts in a world where people increasingly read only tweets. I checked in on some other blogs I used to follow.

1. Arch Thinking. My sister has not blogged since January, and it was only to reveal that her budding art career. She's moved on to Etsy it seems.

2.  A Better Oakland is gone. At least the blog. Oakland itself has gotten better in some ways and worse in others. Probably worth its own blog post, really.

3. James Kennedy is still blogging. We had James over for dinner when he was in town for the 90 second Newbery Film Festival. Next year, we will make sure to get an East Bay viewing location. Meanwhile, you can still read his blog.

4. Speak You're Branes stopped blogging in Feb 2012. Although if you've never read it before, you don't really need it to be updated in order to find it funny.

5. Executive Orc House comes and goes at it pleases, and seems to be entirely written in a secret computer programmer language. There is a recent post, with Likes, but I have no idea what it means. Somewhere, a new Canadian is smirking.

6. Oakland Living has only sporadic posts.

Of the six that I checked, two have stopped, two are sporadic, one is cryptic and the last one is active. I am guessing this is reflective of the blog population as a whole. I will test my theory by looking at other blogs tonight. Research!

4 comments:

beth said...

My blog wagon's pretty broke but it's been 14 years so I'm tired! But your wish is my command: I dusted off lucky #13 of Nancy Drew and will have a post about it by the end of the weekend.

Lorin said...

I'm not particularly active on etsy, either, actually. I need a new hobby.

James Kennedy said...

Dinner at your house was a delight! Thanks so much for having Heather and me over!

Anonymous said...

I'm hurt that you didn't check mine. Not that I've blogged in a year, but I'd like my absence to be noted, particularly as you are 50% of my readership. Will put up a picture of Schreiber's cake if that will lure you back.