The major lack of mom rock in this world, and no, I do not mean Adele. Why are there not more non-country mom bands, singing convincingly of what a pain in the ass early middle aged parenting is? Literally dozens of great bands sang about the trauma of suburban teen existence. Where are the riot grrls now? I want some decent punk mom rock.
6 comments:
Only you can make this happen.
I've seriously considered this, but my lack of ability in songwriting, singing or playing an instrument put me at a disadvantage. I guess I could create a Boyz II Men/NKOTB style super-group, but it seems a tad unlikely, doesn't it?
I think a song about the feeling you get from your kids learning to swear from Winston Zeddemore would push some pretty universal buttons.
Also agree you were right about occupy, but think we discussed this so didn't feel the need to comment. But if it's validation you need, you got it.
Who is Winston Zeddemore, and why do I feel like that is already a They Might Be Giants song?
Not sure whether Wild Flag fits what you're looking for thematically, but they are definitely moms who rock really effing hard.
Oops, I just saw your post that talks about WF. Sorry.
Post a Comment