Monday, December 14, 2009

Ten Word Reviews

I got an email from an old friend today asking that I blog more. November sort of wore me out on the blogging front, but I thought I would give it a try. The other thing she asked for was some restaurant recommendations for Oakland. So I thought I would do some 10 word restaurant reviews:

Oliveto, Rockridge: Lighter fare downstairs, and less likely that a pig died.

Camino
, Grand Ave: Long tables, slow service, no off-season limes. Good food.

Flora, Telegraph/17th: Art deco bar, yummy lunch, political Oakland "celebrities", get reservations.

Filippo's, Rockridge: Take kids every Friday, cheap meal, would like bigger portions.

Luka's, Grand/B'way: Great beer, fries, pool table. Remember the Hofbrau? Luka's better.

Franklin Square, Franklin/B'way: Only had lunch, downtown Oakland has a 'scene'. Pretty good.

Pizzaiolo, Temescal: Delicious fried chicken, egg on your pizza. Can't go wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uzen on college ave has good sushi (not on boats). Approved by Tokyo-born mother in law.

Dopo on piedmont ave is excellent and unpretentious Italian.

Barlata is a good new tapas place on Telegraph near 51st. View of the kelly-moore paint store is less than inspiring, but food is excellent.

Anonymous said...

...yeah I didn't read the title of the post till after I responded. Brevity was never my strong point.