- The shooting at Fort Hood is terribly tragic.
- Tuesday's election probably doesn't mean anything about Obama.
- It sure is getting chilly now that it's raining.
- Typing on the iPod is inferior to the Blackberry QWERTY keys, but its browser and apps are more functional.
- One shouldn't wait until 2:30 in the afternoon to eat lunch.
- The "point" of Twitter and Facebook continues to be lost on a lot of people, including my contemporaries, who are not the old farts they'd have us believe that they are.
Friday, November 06, 2009
Blogging: Harder Than I Remembered
Ugh! Here it is November 6 and I've already failed to blog 2 days out of 6. And unless I blather on about my kids or how annoying I think phone conferences are, I don't have much to say. Other things you don't need to hear me say include:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wait, Twitter and Facebook have a point?
I haven't had the chance to understand this twitter thing. Every time the grandkids call me, it disconnects my AOL machine, which has been acting funny anyway ever since I spilled prune juice on the letter-typey part.
I go back and forth on feeling like if I'm blogging about getting car insurance it's not worth blogging at all (leaving aside deeper thoughts about "worth" and "blogging").
But next Wednesday marks 10 years of keeping my blog and what I have enjoyed most, and what makes me sad I have been slack about it the last couple years, is its mere existence as a record of my life. Such narcissism! yes, but I have always approached it as a personal record/way of keeping up with farflung friends than as a public exchange of ideas and/or information.
Essentially, I use it the way many people use Facebook, now that Facebook exists.
I just don't get facebook and I love blogs - my two children (ok, so its really the women in their lives) have had blogs and I know whats going on - or what they want the readers to know.
Please keep up the blogs, b/c someday they will be the scrapbook you wish your mother had kept. (Maybe you have to print them out once in a while.) Nothing gets said on facebook that is worth keeping.
ok,its 10 pm and I have to go to bed now. - Nana
Post a Comment