Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Digest 5

Hi Digesters. Did I tell you that I finished reading The Flamethrowers? It was very good, but I can't figure out what I liked about it. I need someone else to read it so we can discuss it. Let me know if you want to borrow my copy. Soon, otherwise, I am going to sell it at Walden Books. I am trying to stop amassing books the way we used to. I am going to stick to a rule of keeping a book if I truly love it, intend to read it again, have not read it and WILL, or am waiting to lend it to someone else.

Last night, I read a good article about the Argosy Bookshop in New York.  It was one of those articles where you would not ever plan to read it but then it captures your attention and carries you along, and you just like it. Reading the article is a little bit like wandering around a bookshop, listening to the staff chatter.

As promised, I have started blogging about the mayoral candidates. The first three are Jason "Shake" Anderson, Rebecca Kaplan, and Saied Karamooz. With 18 candidates in all, I am hoping a few people drop out before I have to 15 more profiles. I will post a few more this week. If you don't want to have to religiously check this blog, I think you can sign up for email updates over there in the right column.

No comments: