This must be the best looking VP debate EVER. Biden is a silver fox. And I know from whence I speak.
UPDATE: Wish I'd seen this before the debate. Thanks Mr. Pat.
UPDATE 2: I just remembered something funny that I heard Hendrick Hertzberg say this morning. He was talking about what he expected from Biden in the debate, and he said that he thought Biden would have all the awkwardness of a happily married man in debating Sarah Palin. He went on to explain (after Dorothy Wickenden [this was in a New Yorker podcast] expressed surprise) that he meant that Biden did not spend a lot of time thinking about how to connect with other women. This is an off-topic point, but that is a really interesting insight into how men understand one another. It might also be a good indicator of whether you have a happily married husband on your hands. In the end, I think Biden did great. He treated Palin like a worthy sparring partner, at least as much as she was McCain's surrogate, and didn't concern himself with understanding her, because, of course, who the hell could?
No comments:
Post a Comment