Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Silence That Speaks Volumes

Maybe I just haven't been playing close enough attention (but that's unlikely, since I am obsessed), but there has been one Hillary Clinton "surrogate" who has been remarkably quiet about the Senator's foreign policy experience, and that's Bill Clinton. Since she allegedly garnered all this expertise as the First Lady, don't you think Bill would be the person in the best position to describe the responsibilities he gave her, and the trust he put in her counsel on foreign policy matters? But we haven't heard a word from him, and it isn't just because he's being kept under lock and key.

The pundits are all saying that the Spitzer "situation" shines a harsh light on the skeletons in Bill's closet, but it made me think one other thing. If Hill was hanging out in the Oval Office all the time acting as co-President, wouldn't she have noticed Monica Lewinsky skulking around? Yeah, I don't think so either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are quite funny. Actually, I did notice your last name change before you pointed it out but didn't think it needed comment. Clearly, I was wrong.