And since I've been on the topic of words, M just put me on to Websters on-line dictionary. It's pretty amazing. It goes way beyond a typical dictionary. For example, transmutation (M accedes to using it for the meaning "change one substance into another): This on-line dictionary includes a multilingual translation and includes alternative orthographies, including how the word is spelled in semaphore, dancing man, Braille, American Sign Language, British Sign Language, HTML and Hexadecimal. Whatever that is.
You will notice the fatal flaw of this gem from the very start: the Pig Latin translation is incorrect. I sent this note to the editor:
Your Pig Latin translations are incorrect, I think. I understood pig latin to take the first consonant of each syllable, move it to the end, and add –ay. Or:
Ouryay igpay atlayinay anstrayalayionshays are-ay inayorrayectay, Iay inkthay.
Sorry to be nerdy but it popped right out at me.
1 comment:
Sorry to be nerdier, but I think they're right. How do I know? I checked their definition of pig latin.
Ucksay otay ebay ouyay.
Post a Comment