Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Who'da Thunk It?

Out of the corner of my eye I caught a TV news segment on the recently formed Marin County Anti-Hoarding Task Force, and I thought it would be a quick and dirty funny post reliving certain earlier, funnier blog posts about hoarding. I was so wrong. Doing a Google search about the task force yielded such an embarassment of riches that I don't even feel up to the task of blogging about this topic. Did you know that there are professional declutterers? Support groups for the children of hoarders? Hoarders on the anti-hoarding task force? When it's this farcical, it ceases to be funny.

If you're wondering about all the changes around here, don't worry, it's just the color that's different. I won't be funnier or more topical or more interesting. I added tags, but since I have posted more than 300 times in almost 2 years, getting the catalog up to speed may take a little while. I am doing it in a totally scattershot approach, and if there's a topic you feel needs to be represented, well then, get your own blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your post is very timely. I've been home sick since Monday and have been watching an excessive amount of daytime cleaning shows, all mostly about hoarders. Have you ever seen BBC's How Clean is Your House? Two aggressive women come in, tell you you that you're a dirty devil and then make you scrub the floor. The high point is that before they clean, they take lab samples of the muck so they can tell you what kind of foul bacteria is growing there. Its nasty. Thank God for Sorayda. Oh, and Mom, for teaching me better.