For those of you who are not networked in with other Berkeley parents, I know you look to me to generate appropriate anger over the lost sheep of the East Bay. I've tackled milk several times. Today's newletter brings answers to the following two queries (summarized):
1. Should I bring my kids to Burning Man?
2. Should I let my brother-in-law, who is the caregiver - nay, manny - of my young daughter, deal pot out of my house?
Now here's my question:
3. How off-kilter is your moral compass that you need to appeal to your neighbors to answer those questions? And why would you? Aren't these the kinds of things we used to hide from one another?
So how do the Berkeley Parents fare in answering? To their credit, it's pretty unanimously agreed that the manny should not be allowed to deal. But that doesn't take a PhD in philosophy or social welfare to get right. The BM question gets a split vote: one "leave the kids at home", one "take them to the Family Camp", and one "wait til their older". Annoying there is not "Burning Man is stupid and people who attend should not be allowed to breed" response. Hmm, we'll have to work on that.
1 comment:
Although I love the insistence from everyone that they don't think smoking pot is wrong. they must all grow their own and not have to be involved in the unsavory business of "dealing."
Post a Comment