Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I'm blog-giddy tonight!

Finally, the reclusive but brilliant Misha Collins has emerged from his scholarship on all things Canadian to describe his role in the upcoming thriller Karla. To wit: "This story had changed the way Canada thinks about itself," he said. "If that's true, that makes it all the more vital material to explore in a film."

Sometimes, Misha's bon mots are so concise and, dare I say, true, that I cannot even parse their real significance. Not since his work interpreting "Baltimore" in Liberty Heights has the man I once knew as Misha Krushnik turned in such powerful work. Or maybe this turn will soar with his role as Man Hanging from the Rope in The Crux. Good job, Misha.

To those uneducated in the ways of MC, think Matthew Barney* mashed up with Matthew Bender, and you get the idea.

*I'm not going to link to The Cremaster Cycle website for fear it has something that could offend my mom or mother-in-law on it. I didn't even want to poke around on the site myself. My sensitivities are that delicate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wasn't a lifetime original movie already made about this? or a law & order episode "ripped from the headlines?" eh, I am sure that neither were Canadian enough for those who are interested in the scholarship of all things Canadian.