Friday, January 27, 2006
Nelson Marans: Chemist, Writer
In an earlier post, I included a letter published in the NY Times and written by Nelson Marans. It was a good letter. I noted in dicta that Mr. Marans seemed to write to the NY Times a lot. I have not found a letter, published in Today's Chemist at Work, wherein Mr. Marans brags that he has written "nearly 6,000 letters"in his retirement. Damn. While I admit I am impressed, I hope that when I retire, I find a more interesting hobby. Or at least one that takes me outdoors more often. But when I look within myself, I realize that, in all likelihood, I too will spend my golden years writing sharp letters to national and trade publications. Sigh.
Labels:
Nelson Marans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
in the trade, we call them 'Leditors'
KMLC
Because I read your comment in combination with your comment in the post below, I thought that by "trade" you meant "EXTREME transvestite" and I was trying to figure out if there was a joke be played on me, in French.
en francais? not really my style, since I live in cali, I really prefer espanol. but do you remember? orange makeup over stubble? maybe you were used to such insanity, but in the south we were really kept from such things.
KMLC
yeah, i remember that. I think that person wore a beret either that time or the next time s/he came in, which may have been what triggered the whole French connection.
Post a Comment